Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Goodwin College, Main Auditorium, 211 Riverside Drive, East Hartford
Buying your first home is exciting. It can also be stressful and confusing. American Eagle Financial Credit Union is hosting a First-time Home Buyer Expo. Come and meet local industry professionals who will share their knowledge and experience about the home-buying process and provide answers to your questions as you prepare to purchase your first home. This event is free and open to the public.
Expo format and agenda:
- 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.: Expo tables open. Speak with our industry experts in loan origination, real estate, law, insurance, home appraisal and home inspection.
- 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.: Presentations and interactive panel discussion with our industry experts.
- 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.: Expo tables open for further conversation with industry experts.
- Light refreshments will be served throughout the evening in the Community Room.
- Enter at each expo table for a chance to win a door prize.
Among the questions to be answered are:
- What are the key steps in the home-buying process?
- How much home can I afford and how is that determined?
- How do I start my home search with a realtor?
- Why should I get pre-qualified for a mortgage?
- How do I decide on the type of mortgage to get?
- How does an attorney represent me in the process?
- Why should I get a home inspection?
Advance registration is required. If you have any questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.