Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Goodwin College, Main Auditorium, One Riverside Drive, East Hartford
Buying your first home is exciting. It can also be stressful and confusing. American Eagle Financial Credit Union is hosting a First-time Home Buyer Expo. Meet local industry professionals, in an open setting, who will share their knowledge and experience as well as answer questions about purchasing your first home. This event is free and open to the public.
Expo format and agenda:
- 6:00 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.: Expo tables open. Speak with our industry experts in loan origination, real estate, law, insurance, home appraisal, and home inspection.
- 7:15 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.: Listen and ask questions during an interactive panel discussion with our industry experts.
- 8:15 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.: Door prize drawings.
- 8:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.: Expo tables open for further conversation with industry experts.
- Light refreshments will be served throughout the evening in the Community Room.
- Enter at each expo table for a chance to win a door prize.
- Advance registration is required. If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Among the topics to be covered
- The key steps of the home-buying process
- The importance of getting prequalified for a mortgage
- The importance of having a realtor
- The importance of having an attorney
- The importance of having a home inspection
- The importance of having an insurance agent and home insurance