24-Hour Online Banking
As much as we would like to have all of your business, we realize that you may have ventured out and opened an account or two from other financial institutions. The recent enhancements that we made to our online banking platform will give you greater control of all your finances. Below are some of the enhanced capabilities of our online banking platform:
External Transfers: Move money to and from the Credit Union with the click of the mouse
Suppose you have an account with an online brokerage or a bank. For your convenience, you can now link those non-AEFCU savings and checking accounts to your American Eagle FCU checking account, which will allow you to transfer money to and from each account.
Money HQ: Take a look at all of your accounts – even if they are not with AEFCU.
There's good news! You do not have to remember all of your different usernames and passwords anymore! All of your accounts can now be viewed through our online banking site! Our free service, Money HQ, lets you assemble all of your deposit and loan account information onto one web page accessible with one username and password!
Account Nicknames & Alerts: Your accounts now can have names & talk back to you!
Life is hectic. Sometimes we need a little nudge or a reminder. You can now nickname your AEFCU accounts and set up email alerts for just about anything including balances updates and cleared checks.
Access your accounts whenever you need to. All the functionality you need to manage your finances is at your fingertips. Our online banking service is protected by the latest security to help prevent fraud and keep your money safe.
24-Hour Online Banking allows you to:
- Transfer funds between your accounts at the Credit Union and other financial institutions
- View current account balances and account history
- Make Credit Union loan, mortgage, and VISA® payments
- Pay bills electronically with FREE Bill Pay
- Transfer funds from your account to another member's primary Credit Union account
- Open a new account, apply for a loan, or VISA® credit card
- Order personal checks (printing fee may apply)
- Perform stop payment on checks (service fee applies)
- Access financial planning tools
- Send secure e-mail to Credit Union representatives
- Submit a change of address request
View a demo
StatementRewards is a free feature that automatically and seamlessly presents you with money-saving opportunities directly within your online banking sessions based on your purchasing activity and shopping preferences. The more you use your AEFCU Debit Card and AEFCU Bill Pay, the more offers you will receive.
Purchase Rewards provide deals and discounts at dozens of your favorite local and national retailers such as department stores, restaurants, and specialty stores. Bill Analyzer Rewards help you to find money-saving offers on monthly expenses such as your cell phone bill, television service, and gas fill-ups.
Private and Secure
Statement Rewards is 100% private and secure. StatementRewards never uses any of your personally identifiable information; it only analyzes basic transaction data to match and present rewards. All information is completely anonymous and encrypted for your security.
Opt-out or Opt-in Anytime
If you prefer not to receive StatementRewards, you can easily opt-out of this service as follows:
- Log into your online banking account.
- Select the Account Activity page.
- Select the small StatementRewards logo (sample at right).
- Select Settings at the top of the StatementRewards dashboard screen.
- Select Turn StatementRewards off.
- Select Save settings at the bottom of the screen.
If you choose to get StatementRewards later, repeat these instructions and in step #5 select Turn StatementRewards on.
STATEMENTREWARDS FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Bill Payment Service
Bill pay is a free online service to members with an American Eagle FCU Checking account. Pay your bills anytime, and from anywhere, you have Internet access. It’s fast, easy to use, and secure. And you can save money on postage stamps. Here’s how to get started.
- Login to online banking.
- If you don’t use online banking, click on "New Users Click Here" and follow the instructions.
- Click on the "Bill Pay" button on the top navigation bar to register.
- Set up one or more Payees and start paying your bills online.
- There’s even an online demo to assist you.
Once you are registered, you can add and delete Payees and have complete flexibility to pay your bills with a few clicks of a mouse. Make one-time payments, future-dated payments, or set up reoccurring payments. The funds are deducted directly from your American Eagle FCU Checking account. You’ll wonder why you didn’t start using Bill Pay sooner.
MoneyHQ - Making your life easier
Use MoneyHQ located on the Pay Bills tab in Online Banking to consolidate and view all of your online accounts from credit unions, banks, investments, credit cards and more. It allows you to view balances and recent transactions on these accounts without having to login to each account individually.
Anyone enrolled in American Eagle's Bill Pay service is eligible to subscribe to this FREE service.
To begin using MoneyHQ:
- Log into online banking.
- Click on "Pay Bills."
- Click on "MoneyHQ."
- Click on "Get Started" located under MoneyHQ Accounts.
- Verify your email address and birthdate are correct and click "Submit."
- Once you have read the terms and conditions, click "I Agree."
- Click "Continue."
- Click "Add a new account" located in the box labeled MoneyHQ Accounts.
- Locate your institution by typing the first few letters of the name into the search box.
- Check the box to the left of the institution's name and click "Continue."
- Follow the onscreen prompts to enter your login credentials for their website.
- Once your accounts have been added, you will be brought back to the MoneyHQ Home page.
- Place your cursor over the MoneyHQ tab on the top navigation bar. You should see a drop-down appear with 4 menu choices - MoneyHQ Home, MoneyHQ Accounts, MoneyHQ Alerts and Unsubscribe. If the drop-down menu does not appear, log out of online banking and log back in. You should now see the drop-down menu.
- Select "MoneyHQ Accounts" from the drop-down menu to see the accounts you added as well as your bill pay checking account(s).
- To see more detail on a particular account click on that account's nickname.
For FAQs about MoneyHQ click here
About Identity Verification
In order to protect your money and sensitive information, Online Banking will occasionally require you to verify your identity in order to complete a transaction or make a change to your account. This will not be required everytime you use Online Banking and will never happen more than once per session. If you are asked to verify your identity, you may choose one of the three following methods:
Receive a text. You can have a text message sent to your mobile phone with a confirmation code. Enter that code into your computer or mobile device to complete your transaction.
Receive an automated call. You can receive an automated call to any of the phone numbers we have on file. Follow the prompts to enter the code shown on your computer screen or mobile device to complete your transaction.
Answer questions. You will be asked a series of questions, from public records, to which only you should know the answers. Once you have answered the questions correctly, your transaction will be completed.
To ensure that options 1 and 2 are available to you, please verify and update your phone numbers in online banking. To update your phone numbers, go to the Member Services tab in Online Banking and click on Change Address.
This new level of security will not replace the challenge questions (see Advanced Authentication)that you selected when you enrolled in Online Banking. You will continue to be challenged when logging into Online Banking from a public computer or any computer that you have not logged in from previously.
About Advanced Authentication
Online Banking's Advanced Authentication feature is an easy way to help prevent fraud and identity theft. It consists of three parts: An image, a phrase, and four confidential challenge questions. All three parts help protect you, whether you log in to online banking at your own computer, or somewhere else.
At American Eagle Federal Credit Union, we have always been committed to the security of our online members and are excited about offering this new security feature to improve our already secure online banking service. On November 28, 2007, we introduced Advanced Authentication, which takes extra measures to verify the identity of our members when accessing their account information through online banking.
In addition to using your Member Information Number and password, you are now required to perform a one-time registration of our new Advanced Authentication.
Registration is quick and easy.
- Log in to online banking (using your existing Member Information Number and password). A variety of images will be presented to you.
- Select an image and create a phrase. This same image and phrase will appear each time you log in, ensuring that you are visiting the correct, authentic online banking site.
- Provide answers to four selected questions. These questions will be presented to you if you attempt to log in using a computer other than the one used for registration. In the event your Member Information Number and password are stolen or compromised, this feature prevents unauthorized access to your accounts.
- Identify the computer you are using as your private personal computer. Each time you log in to online banking from that computer, it will be recognized as a safe computer.
After Advanced Authentication Registration
- Once Advanced Authentication has been set up, each time you log in with the correct Member Information Number, your selected image and phrase will appear.
- After you verify that the image is the one you've chosen, you will type in your password.
- If you are using a computer different from the one used during registration, one of the selected questions will appear after you enter your Member Information Number.
- Once the question is answered correctly, you will enter your password and be allowed access.
Tips to Avoid Identity Theft
- Sign up for electronic statements to help prevent mail fraud.
- Review your account activity regularly to detect fraud earlier.
- Sign up for Online Banking and e-Statements.
- After signing up for Online Banking, sign up for Online Bill Pay to help prevent mail fraud.
- Shred any documents with personal information before discarding.
- Use secure passwords that contain a mix of upper-case and lower-case letters, numbers, and special characters like #, $, or *.
- NEVER share your personal information with anybody who contacts you by telephone or e-mail.
Other Prevention Tips
- Protect your password.
- Ensure your operating system includes firewall protection.
- Install, run, and maintain updated anti-virus and anti-spyware software.
- Ensure that all Web sites used for accessing account information or shopping are secure.
- Avoid downloading programs from unknown sources.
- Log off completely and close your browser after logging off.
- Avoid replying to any e-mails requesting personal information; never include personal information in an e-mail sent through an unsecured environment.