Download our Mobile Banking app today!
Life takes you everywhere.
We go where you go.
If you like the convenience of banking on-the-go, download the new app "AEFCU" on your mobile device. Our new and improved mobile banking app allows you to:
To download our FREE mobile banking app to your iPhone or Android click on the icons above or search "AEFCU" in your phone's app store. Use your online banking User ID and Password to log into mobile banking. It's that easy.
Mobile Banking Demo
Not using Online Banking?
Click here to sign up for online banking first. Once you are signed up for online banking you can begin using the moblile banking app.
Questions & Answers
How do I get the mobile banking app?
You will need to download the application through your device's app store.
How do I log in? What is my ID and password?
You can log into mobile banking using your online banking credentials.
Why do I see a picture after I enter my User ID?
That is the picture you selected when you registered for online banking. If you don't recognize the picture, verify that you entered your User ID correctly. If your User ID is correct but the picture is still wrong, call our Member Contact Center at 860.568.2020, ext. 5101.
Can I change my address through the mobile banking app?
Yes, you can change your address, password, email, user ID, and security information in the mobile banking app by selecting Member Services > User Profile from the menu.
Do I need a deposit ticket to make a deposit?
Sending a clear scanned image of the front and back of the check is all that is needed to make a deposit.
How long will it take to receive credit for my deposit?
If you make your deposit on a business day prior to the 2:00pm cutoff time, it will be reviewed and credited by the end of the day. If the deposit is scanned after the cutoff time, your deposit will be reviewed and credited by the end of the following business day.
When will I be able to use the funds?
All items deposited will have an automatic 3-day hold.
How will I know the check image was accepted? What type of confirmation will I receive?
You will receive an on screen number and email confirmation.
How secure is this service?
Our mobile service features multiple layers of security including password protection, internet firewalls and 128-bit encryption, the highest level of security available.
What do I do with the paper check after I scanned it?
Do not destroy the actual check until you are positive the deposit was credited to your account. We suggest keeping the check for a minimum of 60-days.
How does the check get returned if it doesn’t clear?
The check image will be returned as a Returned Deposit Item and the member’s account will be adjusted. The notice and an imaged copy of the check will be mailed to the member.
I received an error message stating “Duplicate Item.” What does this mean? This means that the check has been previously scanned.
Is there a limit to how many checks I can scan?
Yes, you can only scan up a maximum of 10 checks per day, 20 per week, and 25 per month.
Is there a limit on the amount I can deposit with this service?
Yes, you can only scan up to $10,000 within a week and up to $20,000 in a month.
What accounts can I make a deposit to with this service?
You will be allowed to make deposits into your checking, savings, money market, and club accounts.
Are there any items that cannot be deposited via mobile deposit?
- Third-Party Checks
- Checks for which you are not holder in due course (not payable to member on account).
- Checks over $10,000
- Checks with Qualified or Conditional endorsements
- Checks payable to more than one individual where all parties are not signers on the account (including government checks)
- Any item stamped “Non-negotiable” or “This is not a check”
- Money Orders
- Traveler’s Checks
- "Stale” or “Post” dated checks
- Any item issued by a financial institution in a foreign country or in foreign currency
- An item that is incomplete
- Any item that contains evidence of alteration to the information on the item
- Any item that has folds or torn edges
Do both sides of the check have to be scanned?
Yes, the system will prompt you to scan both the front then the back of the check.
Once I register for the mobile service, can I utilize someone else’s phone to make a deposit or is the service registered to my specific phone?
You will have a unique login name and password to the Mobile service, so if the other phone has the mobile banking application downloaded, yes you would be able to login and scan a check for deposit with your unique login name and password.
I received an error message. What does this mean?
The system has different error message that you might see.
- Bad Image: Image Quality error, you will need to retake the picture of the check.
- Amount Mismatch: The amount that was read did not match the amount that was entered for the deposit.
- Ineligible Item: The item that is trying to be captured cannot be deposited through Mobile Deposit. It will direct you to contact a local branch.
- Endorsement Error: Unable to locate the endorsement on the back of the check. Make sure the check is endorsed (Note: endorsement is on the back, signature is on the front) and retake the picture.
- Limit Exceeded: The amount of the check exceeds the maximum deposit permitted through mobile deposit. It will direct the member to contact a local branch for further assistance.
- Duplicate: The item being captured has been identified as part of a previous deposit. It will direct the member to contact a local branch for further assistance.
- Service Error: There has been a temporary service interruption. Try deposit again later.
I am having issues and need to speak to someone. Who can I call?
You will need to contact the Member Contact Center at 800.842.0145, ext. 5101 or 860.568.2020, ext. 5101.