To support members and prospective members affected by COVID-19, American Eagle Financial Credit Union is now providing several flexible product and service options to alleviate financial pressures.
For Anyone . . .
0% Interest Short-term Bridge Loan
- Get a 0% APR (Annual Percentage Rate), 12-month loan for up to $5,000. Apply online or call 800.842.0145, ext. 4181. First payment is due 90 days from loan origination. No prepayment penalties. Subject to credit approval. Offer is subject to change without notice.
Payment Example: $5,000 loan at 0% APR for 12 months equals a loan payment of $416.67. Payments start 90 days from loan origination and loan balance is amortized over twelve-month loan term.
Visa Credit Card Balance Transfer Offer
- Help reduce monthly expenses by transferring balances from higher rate credit cards. Get a 0% introductory APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for 12 months on balance transfers made through May 31, 2020. Learn more.
For Existing Members . . .
Payment Deferral Options
- Free payment extensions for up to three (3) months are available for existing AEFCU fixed rate Home Equity Loans, Auto Loans, and Personal Loans. To learn more or take advantage of this option, please call 800.842.0145, ext. 5107. Terms and conditions apply.
- Existing AEFCU Mortgages are eligible for forbearance, a temporary suspension of a member's mortgage payment up to three (3) months. To learn more or take advantage of this option, please call 800.842.0145, ext. 5107. Terms and conditions apply.
Visa Credit Card Skip-a-Pay
- Qualified, existing AEFCU Visa Credit Card holders will have no payments due for the months of April and May. Upon receipt of their statements, they will see $0 for the payment due, but will also have visibility to what their payment would have been should they not wish to take advantage of this option. Interest will continue to accrue on the unpaid balance.
Fee Waivers for Credit and Debit Card Replacements
- Rush fees for replacement AEFCU Credit and Debit Cards are being automatically waived effective immediately.
Elimination of Foreign ATM Transaction and Inquiry Fees
- The $2.00 ATM withdrawal fee, and the $1.50 ATM inquiry fee for AEFCU members using ATMs at other financial institutions are being waived effective immediately. NOTE: Members may still be assessed a fee from the other financial institution.
Extension of the Current Visa Balance Transfer Campaign – 0% APR for 12 Billing Cycles
- The current AEFCU Visa Credit Card offer is extended to May 31, 2020, allowing members additional time to reduce monthly expenses by transferring balances from higher rate credit cards. Learn more.
Increase of the Overdraft Privilege (ODP) De Minimis Amount
- The minimum allowance on Checking account overdrafts has been increased from $10.00 to $50.00 for members who are close to overdrawing their account. As a reminder, the overdraft fee is automatically waived if your Checking account is negative less than the de minimis.
More Information . . .
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find answers to questions about hours, self-service channels, branch availability, and more HERE.
Business Hours and Available Branches
- Current hours, available branches, and other information as a result of COVID-19 can be found HERE.
For Our Communities . . .
AEFCU Donated $10,000 to Help Feed Children During School Shutdowns
- American Eagle Financial Credit Union made two donations of $5,000 each to help provide meals to children in Hartford, Tolland, and New Haven counties who have been displaced from school due to COVID-19. AEFCU has directed the funds to Foodshare in Bloomfield and Connecticut Food Bank in Wallingford.