It's simple! Open an American Eagle Financial Credit Union My Checking account with direct deposit of at least $250 within 60 days after account opening and get $100.*
Round-the-clock access to make life a little easier.
You need a checking account that works on your terms. My Checking is the answer, providing all the access you need and the flexibility to manage money your way.
Overdraft Protection Options
There are many reasons why members overdraw their checking accounts, ranging from direct deposit delays to simple math mistakes. American Eagle FCU offers three types of overdraft protection, all of which can help your checks clear even if your account is short of funds. Questions? Call our Member Contact Center at 800.842.0145.
- Overdraft Coverage from Savings automatically transfers available funds from your savings to checking account to cover an overdraft. A $10 fee is charged for overdraft transactions. To apply, visit an American Eagle FCU branch or call our Member Services Center.
- Overdraft Coverage from Visa automatically makes a payment from your credit union Visa account to cover an overdraft. A cash advance fee is charged for each overdraft transaction. To apply, fill out the Visa Overdraft Coverage application and mail, fax or bring it to American Eagle FCU.
- Checking Overdraft Privilege is activated for one-time debit card transactions after other coverage is exhausted. As long as your account is in good standing, we may honor overdraft transactions up to a maximum limit based on your type of checking account. A $35 fee is assessed for each item. You will then have 30 days to bring your account current. To apply, submit an Overdraft Privilege Opt-in form and read our Overdraft Services Consent and Discretionary Policy.
* Promotion valid for new personal Checking accounts opened between June 4, 2018, through July 28, 2018. Excludes My Basic Checking account. The member must not have an existing open Checking account with American Eagle Financial Credit Union (AEFCU) or have had a Checking account with AEFCU in the last 365 days. $5 Savings account required for AEFCU membership. The account holder must enroll for direct deposits totaling two hundred and fifty dollars ($250.00) into new Checking account, within sixty (60) days of Checking account opening to be eligible for $100.00 payment. Must maintain $1 minimum balance in account for 60 days to obtain cash bonus. Limit of one $100.00 payment per member. Please allow up to 120 days from account opening to receive the bonus deposit into your share Savings account. Amount of deposit will be reported to the IRS and member is responsible for any applicable taxes. Accounts closed within 180 days of opening will be charged a fee of $15.00. This offer can be withdrawn any time without notice. Ask for details.
1. A $10.00 dormant fee will be charged annually for a Checking account that has not had activity in one (1) year or more and has a balance less than $100.00. A $5.00 inactivity fee will be charged monthly for Savings and Checking only with combined balances of less than $100.00, no activity for 6 consecutive months, account holder is age 22 or older, and account holder is not a borrower on a loan. The account will be closed when it reaches $0.00 balance.
2. Access to over 60,000 ATMs includes machines in the following surcharge-free networks: Allpoint Network and SUM Network. Also
included are American Eagle Financial Credit Union’s own proprietary ATM machines.
3. Free Visa Debit Card will be given at time of account opening when account is opened at one of American Eagle FCU’s branch locations.